If we earn money (or products) from the companies mentioned in this post we will DISCLOSE this clearly - Please see our disclosure policy.
It’s been a big month for me – I moved from WordPress dot com to self-hosted. Non-bloggers will wonder what this means, but among other things, now I own my own domain name (www.viewsfrommygardenbench.com), I have autonomy about what I can do with the blog and where it goes next – It’s a journey a bit like life. I don’t write about the process of blogging very often, but there were many reasons behind this decision, which I’ll come back to another time. I hope YOU, my readers, will follow this journey – and even if not every post is interesting to you. It’s guaranteed there will be photos of pretty flowers ;-).
I chose Lyrical Host (www.lyricalhost.com) (affiliate link) to host my blog – they do things differently, including providing:
- free resources to help your business grow – monthly stock photos, advice booklets and checklists.
- Pay as you feel (£5+) blogging bundles
- Community matters – They really want to support the small businesses and bloggers they work with – they’re always on hand to offer advice and support.
It was Lyrical Host’s 1st birthday in September 2018 so they launched a special Blogging Bundle.
Note: THIS POST IS NOT A SPONSORED POST. I wanted to write about the Limited Edition Blogging Bundle – I paid a fair price for what I received.
This post contains AFFILIATE links and I receive a commission if you visit a link and buy something on my recommendation. Purchasing via an affiliate link doesn’t cost you any extra, and I only recommend products and services I trust. All opinions are my own. I shall always give an honest opinion.
Limited Edition Blogging Bundle
One of the reasons, I chose Lyrical was because they were different – they give their clients blogging resources including stock photos, advice booklets and checklists. They’ve got a blog full of information too – www.lyricalhost.com/blog/ (affiliate link).
On their 1st birthday in September 2018 the team launched a Limited Edition Blogging bundle.
Read on for my review
Why I bought the bundle:
I don’t have much spare time at the moment, as there’s much going on in different parts of my life – All good but it’s a bit full on. Although I love photography, I don’t have much time to take stock photos, flat lays or other styles of photography for websites. Neither did I want to just download some ‘free’ supposedly ‘Copyright free’ photo from Google – and sometimes my blog needs stock photos I can adapt. I’d much rather be outside taking photos of flowers and gardens 😉
I paid for my blogging bundle as it had massive added value for me and I know it will save me SO MUCH time.
Some questions for my fellow bloggers:
- spend hours editing pictures? ages looking for stock photo websites especially for a ‘niche’ photo?
- feel your stock shots look the same as everyone elses?
- Need trusted advice on Blogging?
- Get Stuck for ideas about your next live or YouTube video?
- Have you been meaning to do make a blogging stats spreadsheet but just not got round to it?
Have you ever considered what your ‘hourly’ rate is as a blogger?
What I mean by this is ‘what is how much time does it take you to do a task?‘ and ‘what is this time costing you?’ If you’ve got limited time to do something – should you do it? OR ‘do something instead? How much time do you spend doing things for your blog that AREN’T WRITING?
It’s a bit like – if you’ve got limited spare time, what are you doing in that spare time? do something fun (not cleaning the kitchen together;-) ).
Another way to look at this is get the expert to do the thing you’re an amateur at doing – imagine the AA changing your tyre/mending your car or YOU doing it?
After all just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do something – what is the most effective use of your time?
More about the Limited Edition Blogging Bundle
Key information about the Limited Edition Blogger Bundle:
- a digital ‘Pay as you feel’ any price from £5 upwards…
- pay £35 or more and 20% of the sale went to a charity chosen by the Lyrical clients
- for bloggers of all experience levels
- time limited
- More information on Lyrical Host’s website in Bundle FAQ and Licencing (very straightforward).
The bundle included:
I think these look fresh, modern and have bronze accents with succulents. The file sizes are adaptable across many different media. High resolution obviously and multi-use.
Note: I’ve used a couple of the purple/pink hexagonal notebook for the blog header and my Pin (my first time with Canva and pinning my own words/work).
These bright colour combination doesn’t suit my blog but I can easily see these used by a parenting/family blogger – especially if they review lots of brightly coloured toys – the yellow hello photos remind me of Lego too.
Advice booklets, Checklists and Videos
Take Your Blog From Good To Great: Mini Video Series
Three 4 minute videos covering Stickability, Consistency, Promotion, and Authority. Each mini video is succinct but packed with tips for bloggers. No sound required.
My thoughts on the Bundle:
Short Answer – I’m very impressed and happy. This bundle is so useful in so many ways, saving me time, money and help me develop my blog.
- I am very impressed with the quality and styling on the stock photos – very elegant. They are very well thought out layouts which can be cropped for different media use.
- I think there would be photos that most bloggers could use. There’s something that would here that would SAVE YOU TIME AND EFFORT.
- Clear information on copyright/editing for your blog – basically you can edit the stock photos for your own blog, but can’t upload to a stock photo site or re-sell.
- I don’t know any Blogger that doesn’t want to grow their social media following – many useful suggestions and prompts.
- The checklist on ‘ ‘ has been great for me, as I’m working my way through my three years of posts – it covers much more than broken links. I think most bloggers would find this VERY useful.
- Bumper list of 170 Stock Photo websites covering Culturally diverse photos, quirky and niche, paid for (and free) Feminine photos, Premium sites (paid).
- three 4 minute videos covering Stickability, Consistency, Promotion, and Authority – sage advice here.
- Facebook Live – this isn’t something I’m going to do anytime soon (I think I’ve got about 25 followers), but there was very useful information, which could be re-purposed for Youtube/InstaTV too.
And finally, Mandala Colouring is relaxing, and it helps me be mindful but that’s a whole other blog post; You could, of course, colour them in and use them as blog post photo props too.
Interested? What you need to know:
- It was a Pay as you feel bundle (£5 or more) Please move the slider to the right to decide on t
- if you pay £35 or more and 20% of the sale will go to a charity chosen by the Lyrical clients
- The bundle came as an instant digital download in the form of a 517MB zip folder
- YOU DIDN’T need to be hosted Lyrical Host – ANYONE could buy it,
Pin for later 🙂
The Bundle DID disappear at the end of September 2018
Hosting by Lyrical – they’re different in a good way|
They’ve got a friendly, helpful and kind facebook group of fellow bloggers, small business owners, virtual assistants/coaches. Come and join us as I bet you’ll find the answer to a question that been niggling you. You can find us:
- Lyrical Blog and Business Squad – there’s free blogging resources just for joining the group.
- have a look at my post from January 2019 for the next bundle –
If you are sold on moving to Lyrical Host
I’ve got a 10% off your first order – add BECINMONTON10 at the checkout (affiliate link/code)
- If you move to Lyrical as a host let me know
- please let me know in the comments your tips to save time and money blogging 🙂
xx xx xx