If we earn money (or products) from the companies mentioned in this post we will DISCLOSE this clearly - Please see our disclosure policy.
Are you thinking about making a change to your blog?
Has your hosting price gone up?
Do you want to move to paid for hosting/self-hosted website?
In August 2018, I moved to self-hosted for this blog – previously I’d been on free wordpress.com platform – It has been a great success. I thought I’d tell you why I chose Lyrical Host…If you want to join me I’ve got a ‘10% off code’ and this month there’s an EXTRA large ‘free bundle’ for clients’.
I’d been thinking about moving to self hosted from wordpress.com for over a year… but not really doing much about it. I’d been worrying I’d have to do all the migration myself, or just get a very basic migration and sort lots of things out afterwards (especially all my photographs). I’d wanted to have more control over the theme, photographs, word and potentially start earning some money and reviewing from blogging.
So, I asked around in the blogging community for suggestions, I heard a lot about Hosts I SHOULDN’T go with (I won’t name them). I wanted to find industry experts, with solid IT and a track-record of working in the sector, as well as blogging and small business expertise. I wanted somewhere a bit more personal… people who understood what I wanted to achieve and shared the same ethos. A few people suggested Lyrical, I did my research, read reviews, joined their facebook group, asked questions…. and took the plunge…This is why I chose Lyrical Host…
Hosting by Lyrical – they’re different in a good way
I chose Lyrical Host www.lyricalhost.com (affliate link) because they do things differently, including providing:
- Straightforward pricing, (monthly/annual payments) with no inflated renewal costs or up-selling – there are three clearly explained plans to suit the different size of your business or blog.
- Domain purchasing as well as hosting for Linex, WordPress and Pageweaver
- All plans include at least one SSL certificate, at least 3 x 10GB email accounts,
- auto daily site & database backups.
- Free resources to help your business grow – monthly stock photos (see above), advice booklets and checklists.
- Community matters – They really want to support the small businesses and bloggers they work with – they’re always on hand to offer advice and support. Jenni, the co-owner, answers questions and uploads useful websites/technical information regularly.
- They’re just as responsive on email and the hosting ‘ticket’ system for technical issues.
- they’re a UK based business (same time zone), although their clients are around the world.
I signed up in early August, including buying my own domain name. There was so much advice and help either in documents or via email/tickets. My blog was moved over to Lyrical Host servers in late August.
My blog migration was seamless
Joseph at Lyrical handled everything, did some behind the scenes faffing with my theme – and given the number of photos on this blog, I was very pleased how smoothly everything went. He’d told me to pre-installed WordPress. No question is too silly and there’s detailed information in their searchable Knowledge Base about how to run and update your blog (as well as all the advice documents in the Client Resource area).
Jenni who co-owns the business has been blogging for many years, she got in-depth marketing knowledge too and takes great photos. Joseph has an absolutely encyclopedic of the tech side and always sorts out peoples’ issues.
So here are some of the ways they’re different include:
- Automatic core updates, fast caching and security.
- All plans include at least one SSL certificate, at least 3 x 10GB email accounts, auto daily site & database backups, monthly stock photos + mystery goodies!
- There’s a massive Resource Centre for all their clients including more stock photos, advice booklets and checklists.
- Lyrical Host has state of the art datacentres.
I’m far from a technical expert but Lyrical Host using the latest technology is another reason why I chose Lyrical Host.
Another reason why I chose Lyrical…
was their business ethos, commitment to their values, support for their customers, to help them grow THEIR businesses. They also have a strong social responsibility ethos running through what they do – for example, they plant a tree on the anniversary you sign up, planted trees on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and give discounts to charities wishing to host their sites with them 🙂 They’re sound people all around.
Have a look around their website – and join their facebook group – Lyrical Host Blog and Business Squad they’re always around to help – there are about 300 of us in the group.
I’m so excited to see what 2019 brings for all the clients at Lyrical Host. Here’s their 2018 review:
If you’re convinced about moving to Lyrical Host NOW – I’ve got a 10% off code – BECINMONTON10
FREE Resources every month
Each month Lyrical Host provide ‘FREE RESOURCES’ including stock photos, workbooks and spreadsheets. They’ve excelled themselves this month 🙂 have a look below.
This is another reason why I chose Lyrical Host…
The January Go Getter Bundle includes:
- 17 exclusive commercial-use no attribution required stock photos (JPGs)
- A digital & printable word search with motivational words to take you through the year
- A five-page “Big Goals, Small Goals” PDF worksheet set
- A Google Sheets spreadsheet template for tracking collaborations
- A single-page PDF of “Collaboration Ideas”
- A single-page PDF called “15 Things To Do in 2019”
- A beautiful hand-lettered set of transparent calligraphy words. The words are all mix and match and are as follows: Hello, Hey there, So long, Farewell, January, February, March, April, May, June (the other months will be released later in the year). They’re ideal for adding to images or plain backgrounds for Instagram, creating banners, blog post headers, or anything you like (other than sharing or selling as-is). Supplied as both individual PNGs and a PSD.
I use their stock photos often – The first image on this post is from the January ‘go getter bundle’. I’ve written about Lyrical Host’s excellent ‘1st birthday blogging bundle’ in September 2018.
- www.viewsfrommygardenbench.com – Review – September 2018 lyrical limited edition blogging bundle why you need it now
I’m very impressed with all the useful and well thought out blogging advice documents, spreadsheets and fonts.
This is another reason why I chose Lyrical Host…
Currently, I’m working my way through the goals template – it’s really helping me focus on what I need to achieve and the steps to get to each goal.
This isn’t a sponsored post. I am still very happy with Lyrical Host after my first 6 months and all my reasons why I chose Lyrical Host are STILL true.
Please note: I make some commission from Lyrical (anyone can join their affiliate plan) – but I wouldn’t recommend them if I didn’t think they are excellent.
If you’ve got any queries drop me a line below or ask in the facebook group 🙂
Is 2019 the year you up your blogging game?
love Bec xxx xxx